Thursday, August 16, 2012

100 Dishes to Eat in Atlanta Before You Die: The Rules

Considering I am a lawyer, you knew that I was going to have to set some ground rules on this endeavor.  Since I don't want this to feel like a job, I am only going to follow rules that I feel will enhance both the experience and the blog.  Here they are:

1st RULE: You do talk about food404thought.
2nd RULE: You DO talk about food404thought.
3rd RULE: The listed dish must be the first thing tried, even if it is a dessert.
4th RULE: If there is a drink pairing suggested with the dish, I must get it. If there is not, water. For the drinks, I must try those before eating anything.
5th RULE: I must try the dish as prepared, and cannot request anything to be left off (thank goodness I have no allergies).
6th RULE: I don't have to finish the dish. If it's good enough to finish, trust me I will.
That's it.  6 rules (unless I think of any other good ones before I start).  At each restaurant, I will explain my mission to the server and hopefully they will grant me access to the chef for a few minutes.  As I mentioned earlier, I plan to ask the chef why the dish works and what I should pay attention to, why he thinks it was popular enough to make Creative Loafing's list, and what else he insists I should try on the menu.  If not, hopefully the server knows a thing or two about the menu.

Once I've finished the dish, I will make sure to try other things in the menu (hopefully as suggested by the chef), and let you know how the entire dining experience goes.  I certainly would not leave a Mexican restaurant without reporting on their margaritas or leave a pizza place without trying their pizza (who the heck goes to Antico Pizza and gets the calzone?  Did you even know they had a calzone?)

Let me know what you think of my proposed rules!  I would love to get comments with suggestions on how to make the rulebook better.

And don't worry!  I will post a picture of every dish on the list.

Until next post....Stay hungry!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment