Thursday, August 16, 2012

Where would you take a friend to dinner if he had never been to Atlanta before?: An Outraged Fan


Two days into blogging and I have already encountered an outraged fan.  I assume I can call her that...the fan part; she would probably use an even more colorful word than outraged.  At this point, I'll take all the fans I can get...outraged or otherwise.

Anyway, remember when I wasn't able to answer the question of "Where would you take a friend to dinner if he had never been to Atlanta before?"  First, I'd like to point out that this question was intended to be gender neutral, as any woman that wants to visit me is more than welcome.  Second, after the exchange I had with my friend, I'm even more ashamed that I could only name two places.  Hopefully I can restore some of my credibility over the life of this blog (assuming I ever had any?). 

Third, and most importantly, I would like to share the interaction I had with this fan when she saw that the only two places I could come up with as "Atlanta-y" were Fat Matt's and the Vortex.  I was originally thinking of summarizing, but I think my paraphrasing wouldn't do it justice.

Here is the conversation:

Fan damn
Fan if vortex and fat matt's are the only atlanta-y places you know
Fan you have a [obscenity deleted; rhymes with truck fun] of eating to do
Fan don't you?
World Renowned Blogger ha
World Renowned Blogger i have other places
World Renowned Blogger but yes
World Renowned Blogger i have 100 places to eat [See 100 Dishes to Eat in Atlanta Before You Die]
Fan mary macs, fox brothers, nuevo laredo, flying biscuit, iberian pig, murphy's, wahoo, surin, highland bakery, savage pizza, eats
Fan I mean
Fan you have a lot
World Renowned Blogger i've ben to all of those except eats
Fan the MAJESTIC
Fan eats is solid
World Renowned Blogger i've been to the majestic
Fan papi's
World Renowned Blogger been there
Fan yeah but you have to write about those
World Renowned Blogger i hope you will be an active commenter on my blog
World Renowned Blogger actually
Fan danias, at the bottom of my building
World Renowned Blogger you have just become a blog post
Fan makes reallly really good stone oven pizza
Fan and the Pho at Dua II downtown IS just as good (if not better) than Pho 24, so don't drive all the way out to Buford highway for no reason
Fan that is stupid
Fan BUT drive all the way out there to get a carne asada burrito from Tace Veloz because oh my goddddd
Fan Belly on highland is the best bagels in the city though
Fan hands down
Fan Morelli's is the best ice cream
End Chat.

So the takeaways from this conversation are this:
1.  She talks a lot more than I do on GChat.
2.  Hopefully some of my credibility has been restored since I have at least been to most of the places she views as the most Atlanta-y.
3.  I have been issued my first challenge; you may have noticed my Eureka moment during the chat when I realized that our conversation could be turned into a blog post.

I wouldn't be doing this blog, my readers or Atlanta justice if I didn't make sure that I visited (or revisited) each of these restaurants and provided my thoughts and experiences at each.  Hopefully after I have been able to post about each of them, you'll have a few more places in mind when you ask yourself, "Where should I take a friend to dinner if he or she has never been to Atlanta before?"

Until next post...stay hungry!

Michael




1 comment:

  1. "you have just become a blog post" that is gold, pure gold.

    ReplyDelete